Backbone Shipping Co. - A Walk on the Rougher Side Oct 13, 2007 17:52:08 GMT -5
Post by Stouthorn on Oct 13, 2007 17:52:08 GMT -5
allme or none.
One raindrop raises the sea...fish poo gives it flavor.
Weapons are enemies even to their owners...but mostly to the guy on the business end.
Give more, take less. <-- Bad business.
Others first, self last. <-- Ditto.
Observe, listen, and learn. <-- Good business.
Do one thing at a time. <-- Ditto.
SingDrink every day.
Exercise imagination. Nothing too dirty...
Eat to live, don't live to Eat. The cook spits in the food, anyway.
Don't p...ay for anything unless you've got it in your hand.
-The Code of Dinotopia tablet in the Blackfish Tavern,
with accompanying graffiti.
with accompanying graffiti.
Isaiah Achebe was sitting in the Blackfish Tavern when the idea struck him: there's a lot of business to be had in transporting cargo over land. On Dinotopia, if it's too heavy for a skybax to carry, a guy has to deliver it himself or hope there are caravans going to the right place at around the right time. There was no overland, dedicated courier service. Realizing this, and realizing that the world of theater was leaving him behind, Isaiah and his partner Bolo founded Backbone Shipping Company. Now he just needs some more help. That's where you come in.
Welcome to Backbone Trading Company, a different kind of Dinotopia RP. Charitability and selflessness aren't for everyone, and it's those types that populate Isaiah Achebe's world. Outright evil may be rare, but charming rogues and salty dogs abound; it's Han Solo/Firefly/Pirates of the Carribean meets the Land Apart from Time, and it may prove to be quite interesting. In addition, the format of the game - thought not necessarily the content ;) -will be a little more reminiscent of more serious RPs on other sites. As follows:
- Character sheets should be messaged to the GM (me) before posting, for approval.
- Most characters should be affiliated with Backbone, but exceptions may be made.
- You need not feel pressured to make your character a scoundrel, if that feels uncomfortable, but many of the characters in the RP will be.
- Please try to keep soley OOC posts after the start of the game to a minimum. If there’s something that needs addressed, add it onto an IC post or send a PM.
- No one line posts!
- Writing well counts for something. Grammar, spelling, sentence structure...take it seriously, please.
- Combat, if it occurs, will be turn based, obviously.
- Do not God Mode - you cannot take control of another character without permission.
- Don’t claim too many skills for your character. A person usually has one thing they excel in but can be proficient in other skills as well. You may be a jack of all trades, but also a master on none.
- Don’t try to carry to much stuff. A being can only bear so many items in their packs or pockets.
- While a little less squeaky clean, this is still Dinotopia. Bear that in mind.
- While taking place on Dinotopia, we're exploring the elements of the island that are less squeaky clean. Bear that in mind.
- Save for the GM, you will be limited to 1 character, though additional characters may be allowed with the GM's permission.
-Try to post regularly. If you are absent for more than a week without warning, the GM will move your character so the group doesn’t lag behind. If you’re going to be gone, please be courteous and tell the group.
- If your character is of a former alignment to any other groups or factions, mark it down.
- If you have any questions, just ask!
The Character Sheet
Place of Origin: